Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Ransom Note for Mother's Day!



At the end of my junior year of college, I delayed my return from Indiana University for a week to party network which meant I would arrive home Mother's Day weekend.  Along with my return for the summer I would be bringing a semester's worth of dirty, smelly turn-the-socks-inside-out-and- spray-with-deodorant-and-wear-again laundry. To announce this, I painstakingly cut out words and letters from magazines and newspapers to create a "ransom style" note to mail that said something to the effect of:

"YOU wiLL Never sEe your Son AGAIN unless Y0U Agree to do HIS Laundry!"

Arriving on Mother's Day Eve I discovered a "ransom style" reply taped to the front door:


"WHAT sOn?"

Happy Mother's Day Mom!   Love, miss you and I probably should confess that I lied when I said there were no laundromats in Bloomington, Indiana--but I guess you really knew that all along!!

1 comment:

Crusader said...

So funny! You two sure must have some fun when you get together, when your mum isnt in the laundry I guess ...